Lone Star Skills
Competition will consist of four (4) events:
- "Around the Horn"
The competition is design to insure that
as many players on the team participate in one event.
If we determine any player has participated in more
than 1 event, he will be disqualified for all events,
including the Around the Horn, therefore not eligible
of any awards.
Each player will report
to the designated field. Once the event starts,
the gates to the field will be CLOSED and NO other
player(s) will be allowed. Therefore, please
make sure everyone is in the designated place in
plenty of time.
Once the gates closed,
the judges will log each player and the event will
Home Run Derby:
- There will be no more than two
participants per team.
coach will pitch to his own
- Each batter will
get a TOTAL of 5 OUTS and 2 NO
- Anything other than a HOME RUN will be
considered an out.
- The batter(s)
who has the most home runs
will advance to next round.
"Rounds" will continue until
we have a winner.
- If no home runs are hit during the first
round, we will take the longest hit.
Around the Horn:
- It will be based on the fastest time.
- Each team will have 2 attempts, the fastest
time will be recorded.
- The sequence will
be pitcher to catcher; catcher to third, third to
second; second to shortstop; shortstop to first; first to home.
- The time will begin and end with the catcher.
- Player will begin, catch and throw from their
position. IF THE JUDGE DETEREMINES players are
"creeping in", the attempted will not be counted.
- A reverse sequence will be acceptable.