Lone Star Skills
Competition will consist of four (4) events:
- "Around the Horn"
- Accuracy Throw
- Timed Running
The competition is design to insure that
as many players on the team participate in one event.
If we determine any player has participated in more
than 1 event, he will be disqualified for all events,
including the Around the Horn, therefore not eligible
of any awards.
Each player will report
to the designated field. Once the event starts,
the gates to the field will be CLOSED and NO other
player(s) will be allowed. Therefore, please
make sure everyone is in the designated place in
plenty of time.
Once the gates closed,
the judges will log each player and the event will
Home Run Derby: (U9
- There will be no more than two
participants per team.
coach will pitch to his own
- Each batter will
get a TOTAL of 5 OUTS and 2 NO
- Anything other than a HOME RUN will be
considered an out.
- The batter(s)
who has the most home runs
will advance to next round.
"Rounds" will continue until
we have a winner.
- If no home runs are hit during the first
round, we will take the longest hit. Ball is
measured from where it hit the ground.
Around the Horn:
(U9 / FLD 1)
- It will be based on the fastest time.
- Each team will have 3 attempts, the fastest
time will be recorded.
- The sequence will
be pitcher to catcher; catcher to third, third to
second; second to shortstop; shortstop to first; first to home.
A reverse sequence will be acceptable
- The time will begin and end with the catcher.
- Player will begin, catch and throw from their
position. IF THE JUDGE DETEREMINES players are
"creeping in", the attempted will be DQ'd.
- The event is designed to get
every player involved in the
skill competition; therefore, those players not
participating on one of the other events can participated in
the Base Running.
- Runners will start from home plate and
touch all bases, back to home plate.
- Time will begin from home
plate and end at home plate. Runner with the
fastest time will win.
(U8/FLD 7 - U9/FLD9)
- There will be no more than two participants per team.
player will throw from a marked spot in mid-left/center and mid
- Each player will have 3 chances to hit a target located at home plate.
player(s) who either hit the target or are closest to the
target will advance to the next round. Rounds will
continue until we have a winner.